Amotec has practiced a dedication to safety since our founding in 2000. We believe that exemplifying safe work practices should begin before the first day. That is why every Amotec recruiter undergoes safety/workman’s comp training and each client and candidate is held to local, state and federal safety regulations. Our talent acquisition teams emphasize the specific safety practices required of each individual job opening.
The Candidate Safety Promise:
- I am responsible for my own workplace safety.
- I will go above and beyond the minimum safety standards required of my job.
- I will continually improve my safety behaviors and decrease my exposure to risk.
- I will be an example of safe conduct for my coworkers.
- Every job can be done safely.
- Working safely is a condition of my employment.
Workplace Safety Glossary
- EHS – Environmental Health and Safety
- EPA – Environmental Protection Agency
- FDA – Food and Drug Administration
- FR – Flame Resistant
- GMP – Good Manufacturing Practices
- HMIG – Hazardous Materials Identification Guide
- HMIS – Hazardous Materials Information System
- HVAC – Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning
- ISO – International Organization for Standardization
- JSA – Job Safety Analysis
- LOTO – Lockout Tag-out
- MAF – Maximum Arresting Force
- NSC – National Safety Council
- PPE – Personal Protective Equipment
- ppm – Parts per million, 1 x 10-6
- ppb – Parts per billion, 1 x 10-9
- psi – Pounds per square inch
- RTK – Right-to-Know
- SCBA – Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus
- SDS – Safety Data Sheet
- UV – Ultraviolet